Sweet-tart segments of juicy tangerine and just a teaspoon of Dijon to create a creamy, balanced sauce. Thai chile brings a touch of heat, while a flurry of mint, basil, and parsley highlight the natural sweetness of fresh crab.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti (from 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti), chilled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 small fresh Thai chile (seeded, if desired), minced
- 8 ounces fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 1/2 cup tangerine segments
- 1/4 cup trout roe (optional)
Whisk together oil, sherry vinegar, lemon zest and juice, Dijon, and salt in a large bowl until creamy.
Add spaghetti, parsley, basil, mint, and Thai chile to vinaigrette. Gently stir until spaghetti is evenly coated. Add crabmeat and tangerine segments, and gently stir until well combined. Cover and chill 10 minutes. Toss once before serving. If desired, garnish with trout roe.